Founded in 1984, Crosby was initially engaged in the business of stock brokerage and expanded into areas such as fund management and corporate finance later on.
- Founded in 1984, Crosby was initially engaged in the business of stock brokerage and expanded into areas such as fund management and corporate finance later on.
- Crosby was among the first international investment banks to open in China, Thailand and Malaysia, and the first foreign underwriter of B-shares in the China's onshore capital markets.
- Crosby has won plenty of fans among fund managers for the strength and independence of its research during the 1990s.
- In 1992, Societe Generale bought 30% stake of Crosby, and raised its holdings in the years that followed.
- In 1996, Crosby employed about 600 people and had offices in 15 countries, including the U.S. and Britain.
- In 1997, the remaining 25% stake was sold to Societe Generale.
- Corporate finance and asset management business were re-launched in 2002 and have grown significantly in size and number of personnel in the last decade.
- Quali-Smart Holdings Limited announced to acquire100% of the equity interest of Crosby and will build it into an independent institutional / corporate based integrated securities services platform in the market.